Challenges and Solutions
For the past decade, the U.S. has been home to a settled population of 11 million undocumented immigrants.
- Low-income population with limited access to jobs offering health insurance. Excluded from federally funded insurance (Medicare, Medicaid).
- Health care access relies heavily on federal provisions for emergency medical treatment (EMTALA) and for safety-net clinics.
- Lack of insurance plus explicit exclusions severely limits access to non-emergency medical services beyond primary care clinics.
- Outcomes data suggest that investment in non-emergency services prevents costly defaults to emergency provisions.
- Ethical and practical uncertainties arise for professionals when policy does not support the delivery of standard medical care.
- Local solutions include investments in coordinating public hospitals and clinics with nonprofit community health centers to provide reliable low-cost care.
- State solutions include use of state-funded Medicaid mechanisms to provide coverage or reimbursement for needed services.
- Federal policies prioritizing deportation add new uncertainties for professionals, organizations, and communities.
What We Do
Lego 4644 Marina (Released 2011)
- Scalextric Digital Nissan GT-R New Boxed gold
- Hirobo WC Carbon Tail redor Blade L90
- Vtech innotab digigo bundle 1 bluee 1 pink
- 1 18 Action Performance - Ford Ranger blueemet
- Politoys 1 43 Scale E18 Porsche 917 bluee diecast model car
- LEGO Creator 31050 - Corner Deli Set
- WWE NXT Takeover Ember Moon Elite Collection Action Figure
- GI JOE SNAKE EYES ACTION figure 12 without clothes old loose
- 3 VINTAGE LCD HANDHELD KEYCHAIN GAMES SOCCER JET FIGHTER RACING IN BOX BOXEDNOS
- Campbell Kids..Dancing Chef Doll (by Danbury Mint, 1995) M'm M'm Good Porcelain
- Green Strawberry 1 72 YT-1300 Millennium Falcon - exterior
- Issue Brief: Migrants’ Lives, Immigration Policy, and Ethics Work (2018)
- Issue Brief: Lego Fireman Windup Dynamo Torch (2018)
- Issue Brief: Beyond Breaking News: Ways of Seeing Migrants and Their Children (2018)
- Issue Brief: Health Care Access for Undocumented Immigrants under the Trump Administration (updated February 2017)
- Report: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City: Identifying Fair, Effective, and Sustainable Local Solutions (2015)
- Issue Brief: Lego Atlantis 8076 Deep Sea Striker 7-14 years. New and Sealed. (2014) (Chart: Prenatal Care: State-Level Policy Provisions, Slide Set: Access to Prenatal Care Teaching Tool)
- Report: Undocumented Patients: Undocumented Immigrants & Access to Health Care (2013)
- Issue Brief: Undocumented Immigrants in the United States: U.S. Health Policy and Access to Care (2012)
- State Policy Solutions: The Illness Experience of Undocumented Immigrants With End-stage Renal Disease (JAMA Internal Medicine, 2017)
- Local Policy Solutions: Undocumented Immigrants and Access to Health Care in New York City (2015)
- Searchable Database: Journal Articles, Reports, and Reporting on Undocumented Immigrants and Health Care Access
- NEW: Resource about Immigrant Health Care: Resources for Teaching and Learning About Immigrant Health Care in Health Professions Education (January 2019)
- Quick Guide to National, State, and County-Level Data and Resources: Lego 41322 Friends Snow Resort Ice Rink BNIB
- Immigrants and Refugees at Risk: LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES SPIDER-HELICOPTER RESCUE 76016 NEW SEALED
LEGO Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stealth Shell in Pursuit (79102)